I created this topic in order to keep organized my feedback and founded bugs in one place.
I just installed it and fired up a sample scene to test it.
I'm going to keep increasing this list along with more testing.
I find the material system a bit counter intuitive but I have to play a bit more with it before giving a proper feedback.
The Render Settinhs are well layed out and simple to work with.
Missing features [0.42 Alpha]
-No Object Tag (compositing tag).
-No camera Film Offset support.
-Does´t take into account object visibility flags.
-No camera tag in order to control Post-Render settings per camera, Currently, we can only contril this globaly.
Bugs [0.42 Alpha]
-After creating a new material, the material preview doesn´t upd ate properly.
-The Environment Tag inverts the loaded textures. [Current solution: se t the scale to -1 on the Z axis (Sky Object)]
-Pause/Resume button in IPR window.
-A switch button between Render Settings resolution and a smaller custom resolution that respect the resolution ration, for fast testing.
-Faster material previews.
-Override material in render settings.
-Fast architectural glass to speedup calculations on window panes.
-A control to render the Productions Iterations through time. This we can chose to render up to a certain iterations number or time.
-Picture Viewer feedback of the current image pass (iteration).
-Please modify the SH (from shader) to Tex on the material editor. It´s more intuitive.
Centileo feedbak [pBarrelas]
Hi Paulo, thanks for response! I have replied to PM too btw.
As I understand the Film Offset is a more general trapezium in world space used for camera instead of rectangle?
Or is there some other problem?
2) Do you need separate resolution control to be enabled in IPR?
3) Not fast enough? We made it lower quality than in Octane and Corona, but faster. Maybe there is some bug, lag, need to see.
5) We have it if Transparency roughness = 0. It basically works as is: the rays starting from the camera to the first diffuse hit are refracted, and then they work with IOR = 1 (no refraction).
6) There is control of production render iterations (see page 9 in user manual). However it works for everything: for render region, viewport and picture viewer. Probably need to separate these controls. Also there probably need to make time limit as alternative to the number of iterations. And I think there can be confusing thing with "number of iterations" vs "number of samples/pixel" which may differ for given number of iterations and different resolutions. Need to clarify this.
7) Do you want to have an informational status bar on Picture Viewer? There is currently just a small stupid green progress line. Also need to make a status bar for scene loading process.
Thanks for the reply.
-The Object Tag has to do with controling the participation of that object in a scene at a deper level.
With the Object Tag you should control things like:
-The material preview doesn´t always work. It stays black and doesn't give feedback no matter which parameters you´re playing with. And I´m feeling it a bit slow when it does work.
-A seperat resolution control on the IPR window would be welcomed. This would speed tests without having to change the general resolution.
-The Production Render Iterations is the main quality control where the higher the number, the better the quality. I´d like to have a control where you could specify for how long you want the image to render (10mins, 30mins, etc....)
-Yes, the green bar although helpull to see the current status, having some sort of information saying "Rendering iteration 357..." or a percentage would be helpful.
-I´d personally perfer to Tex instead of SH (shader), on the material editor. It makes a bit more intuitive.
Ok, this is all can be done.
As for Tex vs Shader - that's inheritance from common parts with plugin for Max.
Hi purush thaman, welcome here! I know it's a problem without stadard AOVs. They are important and will be implemented, not a big deal. But currently very busy with other tasks, like multi-instances, particles and bugfixes. Let's move to a new AOV titled topic without mixing with an old one?
Users browsing this topic