Finally we are releasing the 0.58 update of CentiLeo for Cinema 4D R16-R21. It was a very complex development with a lot of changes and novel methods. We have got 2x - 10x rendering speedup. The render speed is always at least 2x better than before and depending on the lighting complexity the speedup is even higher. See below!
Some polishing and issue fixing still should be done but results are already very cool!
Change Log: cntlc4d 0.585 alpha (2020 January 27)
[core] 5-10% rendering speedup
[core] Fixed shadow catcher weights in case of many light sources (makes shadows of different intensity per light source on the Matte/Shadow Catcher object).
[core] Fixed shadow artifacts in case of very small area lights.
[core] Bitmap file paths now support Unicode strings (not just English).
[core] Fixed camera Auto Focus in IPR ([AF] button).
[core] CentiLeo updated to CUDA 10.2.
[cntlc4d] Added support for Cinema/OIDN denoiser in R21 for CentiLeo AOVs (see 2 new checkboxes in CentiLeo Render Settings -> AOVs: 1) “Denoise Images”, 2) “Keep raw and denoised AOVs”). If Cinema denoiser is not enabled with Denoiser Effect (which works only for Main Beauty) then CentiLeo settings enable this for it’s AOVs.
Attention! Must Upgrade to:
- Latest NVIDIA Display Drivers: Game Ready Driver 441.87 or Studio Driver 441.66 (slightly faster).
- Minimum Cinema R21 build is 115
Change Log: cntlc4d 0.584 alpha (2019 December 31)
[core] Fixed z-fighting render artifacts for coplanar polygons in the scene, precision is improved.
[core] Fixed few rare crash-bugs.
[cntlc4d] Cinema R21 support.
[cntlc4d] Installation instructions are changed a bit, read them again!
Change Log: cntlc4d 0.581 alpha (2019 November 21)
[core] Fixed bug with multiple lights sampling. Now scenes with many lights have much lower noise than 0.580.
[core] Fixed rendering artifacts in case of rendering out-of-core geometry with near/far clipped camera.
[core] Fixed a couple of other minor issues/artifacts.
Change Log: cntlc4d 0.580 alpha (2019 September 23)
[core] Rendering speedup from 2x to up to 10x:
- Render iterations are around 2x faster almost always (base speedup);
- Render iterations become smarter and reduce the noise better for global illumination, in some cases it is required 2-4x less iterations to get same noise level as before. These improvements are best visible for interiors and night scenes especially for regions with dominated global illumination and lack of direct lighting. This improvement work for all area lights, mesh lights and environment HDRI with portals.
- Mesh lights with complex shapes (more than few polygons) generate 3-4x less noise than before.
- The new algorithm should be always better and more robust than the previous one (less noise per iteration and faster iteration time).
- And there is no cache, no blur, no yet denoiser, no aditional settings, no additional memory consumption
Known issues to be solved (temporarily broken features)
- Dirt shader;
- Absorption property of material;
- Directional/infinite light source;
- Adaptive noise-based image rendering (where pixels are no longer rendered when specified noise level is reached).
- May not initialize if AMD GPU is in your computer together with NVIDIA GPU.
- Very limited material converter tool (diffuse color + texture of C4D material).
Please, test it on you setup and share your renders!